is a pargana situated 119 km south of Dhaka, the modern capital city of Bangladesh. It lies in the Munshiganj District of Bangladesh. It is a historic region in Bengal. The region is famous for its early Buddhist scholarship and in the later period for its cultural influences.
We visit some birth places of famous Bangladeshi people as below.
Atisa Dipaṃkara Srijnbana was a Buddhist teacher from the Pala empire of Bengal. He was one of the major figures in the spread of 11th-century Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism in asia and inspired Buddhist thought from Tibet to Sumatra. Now, his last part of the body into the state religious affairs Buddhist monastery of Bangladesh. Around 1978 Bangladesh government bring it from China.
• Born: 980 AD, Bikrampur
• Died: 1054, Nyêtang, China
• Books: The Wheel of Sharp Weapons: A Mahayana Training of the Mind : Theg Pa Chen Pohi Blo Sbyong Mtson Cha Hkhor Lo.
Sir. Jagadish Chandra Bose
Jagadish Chandra Bose, CSI, CIE, FRS was a Bengali polymath, physicist, biologist, botanist, archaeologist, as well as an early writer of science fiction.
• Born: November 30, 1858, Bikrampur
• Died: November 23, 1937, Giridih, India
• Books: Sir Jagadis Chunder Bose: His Life and Speeches, Response in the Living and Non-living.
Chittaranjan Das was an Indian politician and founder-leader of the Swaraj party in Bengal under British rule.
•Born: November 5, 1870, Kolkata, India
• Died: June 16, 1925
Bhanu Bandyopadhyay was an Indian actor, known for his work in Bengali cinema. He acted in over 300 movies, in numerous plays and performed frequently on the radio
•Born: August 26, 1920, Bikrampur
•Died: March 4, 1983, Kolkata, India
•Children: Gautam Banerjee, Basabi Ghatak Bandyopadhyay, Pinaki Bandyopadhyay.
Samaresh Majumdar is a well-known contemporary Bengali writer from West Bengal, India. He is known for creation of the detective character Arjun, who is the central character of the 2013 film Arjun – Kalimpong E Sitaharan
•Born: March 10, 1942 (age 73), Jalpaiguri, India
•Education: Scottish Church College, University of Calcutta
Buddhadeva Bose was a major Bengali writer of the 20th century. Frequently referred to as a poet, he was a versatile writer who wrote novels, short stories, plays and essays in addition to poetry. He was an influential critic and editor of his time.
• Born: 1908, Comilla
• Died: 1974, Lucknow, India
• Books: My Kind of Girl, Rain Through the Night.
Humayun Azad was a Bangladeshi author, poet, scholar and linguist. He wrote more than seventy titles. In 2012, the government of Bangladesh honoured him with Ekushey Padak posthumously.
• Born: April 28, 1947, Munshiganj District
• Died: August 11, 2004, Munich, Germany
• Books: Adhara o adheya, Pratikriyasilatara dirgha chayara nice, Saba kichu bheṅe paṛe, Dvitiya liṅga, Nirbācita prabandha
Terms And Conditions:
- We need minimum 4 persons for run this trip.
- The above mentioned price is tentative. It can be changed depend on the number of persons.